Duneland Student Ministries is a place for middle and high school students to belong. It is a family on a mission Love, Belong, and Live. We desire to help our youth discover God’s love more deeply and learn how to love others with this same kind of love. We hope to create a space where youth belong. And we dream of living out this love in our community and helping our community to discover how to live filled with God’s love as well.
This year DCC Student Ministries stepped into new rhythms as students were encouraged to become disciples who make other disciples. We launched two Student Leadership Teams, one for each of our IMS and High School groups, where we practiced being like Jesus and learning how to be good news in our community. We hosted Targets (family centered missional gatherings) in student’s homes where we talked about difficult and relevant topics around life and faith. We also launched a monthly worship night for students where we had students leading music, scriptures and prayers. And lastly, we hosted Loft Events for our students, their friends and students in our community.
- Over 15 students served during Sunday Worship this year
- 12 students participated in the NW Indiana Fall Youth Retreat
- We hosted Worship Nights at The Loft every month for our students
- 4 High School students participated in Fusion at Indiana Wesleyan University
- 30 students and parents camped overnight in Indiana Dunes National Park for our Family On Mission Campout
- 6 of our high school students spent a week at Nazarene Youth Conference in Phoenix, AZ this summer. They worshiped, served, learned, and connected with God in new ways!
- Over 20 students participated in our Student Leadership Teams for Intermediate/ Middle School and High School
- Over 40 students and parents participated in Targets (family centered missional gatherings for students) biweekly in students’ homes
- We hosted monthly events at The Loft for students such as Lip Sync Battle, Open Mic Night, Game Nights and more
- Students practiced being “Good News” in their neighborhood as we met as a small group during summer break.
Sign up for Monthly Newsletter in the contact form below… Subscribe to our mailing list